Vision and Mission
The Indian chapter of IHPBA is an interdisciplinary academic forum for surgeons, gastroenterologists, hepatologists,
therapeutic endoscopists, minimal access surgeons, transplantation specialists, pathologists, immunologists and
nutritionists interested in management of diseases of liver, pancreas and biliary tract.
- To promote understanding of the causes, investigation and treatment of disorders of the liver, pancreas and biliary tract
- To encourage the interchange of clinical and scientific knowledge among surgeons and members of related disciplines working in this field
- To study any relevant problems that affect the liver, pancreas and biliary tract and to facilitate collaborative research into the factors that lead to diseases of these organs and their prevention
- To foster kinship among clinicians and scientists involved in various disciplines of hepatic, pancreatic and biliary disease
- To strive towards the highest ethical standards in the chapter's fields of endeavor
- To foster education and career development in the field through an identifiable funding mechanism
The chapter pursues these objectives by endorsing regional and national wide scientific meetings that are organised on behalf of the Indian chapter of IHPBA.